Daily Washington Insider
  • Business
  • World
  • Science
  • Investing

Daily Washington Insider

  • Business
  • World
  • Science
  • Investing
World

Israeli settlers storm West Bank village, setting cars and homes ablaze

by admin April 13, 2024
April 13, 2024
Israeli settlers storm West Bank village, setting cars and homes ablaze

Hundreds of armed Israeli settlers stormed a village in the occupied West Bank on Friday, setting fire to several homes and cars in one of the largest attacks by settlers this year, according to Palestinian officials.

At least one Palestinian man was killed by gunfire in the village of Al-Mughayyir, east of Ramallah, according to the head of the village council Amin Abu-Alia, who is related to the deceased.

About 25 others were also injured in the rampage, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Ramallah, the scale of which has not been seen since hundreds of settlers stormed through the villages of Turmusayya and Huwara in two separate incidents last year.

According to Abu-Alia, Israeli security forces had informed Palestinian officials that the settlers were looking for an Israeli teenager who had gone missing earlier in the day.

He estimated that between 1,000 and 1,200 settlers surrounded the village, and around 500 stormed it just after midday local time on Friday, blocking all the roads in the area.

According to Abu-Alia, the Israeli military arrived at the scene at around 3 p.m. local time, but did not stop the settlers from attacking the village. Instead, Israeli soldiers allowed them to raid homes, prevented Palestinian residents from moving around and blocked ambulances from reaching the injured, he alleged.

“Security forces operated to disperse the violent riots. During the incident, rocks were hurled at IDF soldiers, who responded with fire. Hits were identified. Furthermore, IDF and Israel Border Police forces operated to withdraw Israeli civilians who entered the town of Al Mughayyir,” it added.

A statement from the Palestinian Red Crescent said 11 ambulances drove to the scene of Friday’s attack to pick up the wounded, reporting that several people were injured by bullet fragments.

Earlier on Friday, IDF spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said IDF forces had been working to search for the missing 14-year-old, who was last seen near an Israeli settlement and around 2 kilometers from Al-Mughayyir.

“IDF forces from the air and on the ground, including special forces, have been working since the early afternoon, along with the Israel Police and other forces, in the search for the 14-year-old boy who has been missing since this morning in the Malachei Ha’Shalom area in the Binyamin Brigade,” he said in a post on X.

This post appeared first on cnn.com

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Journalists injured in attack on Gaza refugee camp, including CNN stringer
next post
Haiti establishes transitional ruling council amid crisis

You may also like

Canada votes in federal elections under shadow of...

April 20, 2025

Russia steps up offensive across the front line...

April 9, 2025

Shanghai slammed by Typhoon Bebinca, strongest storm to...

September 16, 2024

‘We are in no man’s land:’ Families of...

March 15, 2025

Kamala Harris’ VP pick has a long history...

August 10, 2024

Infants and young children are being raped as...

March 4, 2025

Palestinian Authority unable to dislodge militants in sprawling...

December 23, 2024

Cuba hit by second nationwide blackout amid worsening...

October 19, 2024

Venezuela’s opposition leader speaks about ‘nightmare’ of his...

October 19, 2024

Russian bomb attack on Ukraine’s Kharkiv leaves at...

August 31, 2024

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Popular

    • 1

      Hong Kong plans to install thousands of surveillance cameras. Critics say it’s...

    • 2

      UN experts urge Thailand not to deport dozens of Uyghurs to China where they face ‘real risk of torture’

    • 3

      Trump has assembled a team of China hawks. How will Beijing respond?

    • 4

      China executes man who plowed car into crowds in deadliest attack in a decade

    • 5

      How Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger got caught in Trump’s trade war with China

    Categories

    • Business (1,386)
    • Investing (4,630)
    • Science (605)
    • World (3,677)
    Footer Logo

    Disclaimer: dailywashingtoninsider.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2024 dailywashingtoninsider.com | All Rights Reserved