Daily Washington Insider
  • Business
  • World
  • Science
  • Investing

Daily Washington Insider

  • Business
  • World
  • Science
  • Investing
World

Man charged with double murder after human remains found in suitcases on UK bridge

by admin July 15, 2024
July 15, 2024
Man charged with double murder after human remains found in suitcases on UK bridge

A man has been charged with two counts of murder following the discovery of human remains at a famous bridge in southwest England.

Yostin Andres Mosquera, a 34-year-old Colombian national, was arrested in Bristol early Saturday and charged on Monday, London’s Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

The remains were found in suitcases at Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol last week, as well as at Mosquera’s address in Shepherd’s Bush, a neighborhood in west London.

The two victims have been named as Albert Alfonso, 62, and Paul Longworth, 71. The two men had previously been in a relationship and still lived together at the London apartment.

Mosquera had also been staying with them in the apartment for a short while, police said.

Longworth was British and Alfonso was originally from France but had obtained British citizenship.

The Metropolitan Police said it is “making thorough enquiries” to find out whether there are any linked offenses in the United Kingdom or internationally, but none has yet been identified.

Andy Valentine, the Met’s deputy assistant commissioner, said that his thoughts are “first and foremost with Albert and Paul’s loved ones who are coming to terms” with the grisly news.

“I know that this awful incident will cause concern not just among residents in Shepherd’s Bush but in the wider LGBTQ+ community across London,” he said.

“I hope it will be of some reassurance that whilst enquiries are still ongoing and the investigation is at a relatively early stage, we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the two murders,” Valentine added.

Police said the evidence gathered so far “does not suggest there was a homophobic motive in this case” but, following national guidelines, have provisionally categorized the incident as a hate crime. The Met will continue to review this as more evidence becomes available, it said.

This post appeared first on cnn.com

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Trump’s ‘luck’ and American ‘violence’ are the talk of China’s internet
next post
Bitcoin Well Announces Bill Payments Via the Lightning Network and Unique User Signup Milestone

You may also like

World Anti-Doping Agency defends handling of elite Chinese...

April 21, 2024

Mexican singer Julion Alvarez postpones Texas show after...

May 24, 2025

Philippine Vice President Duterte impeached over alleged Marcos...

February 6, 2025

Italian whippet called Miuccia is top pooch at...

March 10, 2025

South Africa’s democracy is turning 30 – but...

April 28, 2024

Palestinian American teen killed by Israeli soldiers in...

April 7, 2025

South Korean authorities extend arrest warrant for embattled...

January 7, 2025

Daughter of crypto boss escapes Paris kidnap attempt...

May 14, 2025

Who was behind the sabotage of France’s railway...

July 27, 2024

German palliative doctor charged with 15 counts of...

April 16, 2025

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Popular

    • 1

      Hong Kong plans to install thousands of surveillance cameras. Critics say it’s...

    • 2

      UN experts urge Thailand not to deport dozens of Uyghurs to China where they face ‘real risk of torture’

    • 3

      China executes man who plowed car into crowds in deadliest attack in a decade

    • 4

      Trump has assembled a team of China hawks. How will Beijing respond?

    • 5

      Tartana Drilling to Verify Upgrading of 45,000 Tonne Copper Resource

    Categories

    • Business (1,300)
    • Investing (3,411)
    • Science (605)
    • World (3,677)
    Footer Logo

    Disclaimer: dailywashingtoninsider.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2024 dailywashingtoninsider.com | All Rights Reserved